About the Company
Homestead Cabinets is hiring for several Delivery Driver positions. Homestead represents a refreshing, new way of thinking and of doing business. We work hard to produce high quality, state-of-the-art custom cabinetry. We are looking for employees who would like to become skilled craftsmen. Homestead is a company that values its employees and their welfare. Our motto is "We Care," and we emphasize growth of the individual as well as the company.
About the Role
We are seeking to employ a full-time delivery driver and shipping technician. Driver will be expected to drive a truck and trailer to numerous dealers in other states and will be the liason between the company and these dealers. Most deliveries are during the week (driver usually home on the weekends). This employee will also help with the loading and unloading of trailers, vehicle maintenance and inspection, and filing reports.
• Meals and hotels paid when on the road
• Health Insurance, Dental, Vision
• Complimentary daily breakfast available
• Homestead pays 50% of family gym membership
• Monthly profit sharing
• Leadership training programs
• Being a part of a fast growing, high tech company
• Paid time off
• Referral program
• CDL license with 6 – 12 months experience preferred
• Ability to communicate, receive, and understand complex instructions regarding duties to be performed
• Adherence to good manufacturing principles
• Demonstrate eye for detail and quality-minded work habits
• Curiosity and a desire to learn
• Drive truck out-of-state as needed (usually out of town 2-3 days per week with 1 to 2 nights away from home)
• Serve as a liaison between Homestead Cabinet and our dealers in other states (must have good social skills); communicate delivery status and any delays to customers.
• Conduct daily/weekly inspection of vehicles and report any maintenance issues as well as clean vehicles
• Fill out driver logs (accuracy important); turn in necessary paperwork on time and with accuracy.
• Load trailers in an efficient and organized manner
• Help unload trailers once load is delivered (able to lift heavy boxes up to 100 lbs).
• Overtime expected; often required to leave early morning (around 4:00 a.m.) and may have long days, but will sometimes have extra time off during the week to compensate
• Ability to frequently move, lift, carry, push, or pull weight up to 75 lbs. unassisted and occasionally lift/move items greater than 75 lbs. with assistance
• Ability to continuously stand or walk for long periods of time
• Ability to work in a noisy environment
• Ability to work in a dusty environment
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders
• Frequently use fingers or hands to grasp, clamp, move, and handle objects
• Frequently squat, stoop, kneel, crouch, turn, pivot, and reach